Dartebiota

Khoo Yihan 2A112

Playlist


27 inches

Wei Jie, Yue Jun and I signed up as a team of three for a competition organised by Nanyang Polytechnic named 'iCode', which challenges us to code an iPhone web app. The competition is confined within the secondary school circuit.

Funny thing is, how are we supposed to present an application, when we don't even know how to code it? The organisers gave us an answer when they organised a 2-day crash course to iPhone Web app coding. Due to a council commitment, I could only attend the second day of the course.

Well firstly, the venue alone is hard to find (not sure if it's entirely correct): Nanyang Polytechnic, Block L, School of Information and Technology, Level 6, Lab 6.25.

I walked out of the lifts and made a right turn towards the labs.
I saw 30 27" iMacs lined up neatly in front of me in the first lab. Wow.
I felt ancient.

The course went on fine.
I finally know how to code iPhone web apps! HAHA! Well, actually I didn't understand anything much. But Yue Jun did. He re-coded our class radio into an iPhone app: iRAdio

And so, I left the course feeling accomplished that I have finally used an iMac after 8 years. 8 years ago, it was those transparent-backed desktop computers in my childcare centre. Those were awesome too.

As I tucked in my chair, I felt great, and thanked the wonderful piece of technology in my heart.

2 comments:

The longer the wait, the greater the effort put in, the greater the sense of accomplishment.

Congratulations, and it won't be your last time. :)

 

Lol. Cheers to a successful project.

 

Post a Comment